1. Sell the reprint/reproduction rights to the product. You could make money by selling other people the right to reproduce and sell the product. People are always looking for new products to sell.
2. Giveaway the product for free from your website. Just because it won’t sell doesn’t mean people won’t visit your website to get it for free. They may see another product you sell and buy that one.
3. Try auctioning off the product at an online auction. You may make part of your investment back. If you’re lucky, you may even make a profit because people sometimes get into bidding wars and will bid a higher price than the product is worth.
4. Use the product as a free bonus for another product you sell. This will increase the perceived value of the product you’re selling. People will feel they’re receiving more for less.
5. Contact businesses with the same target market and see if they would be interested in using your product as a free bonus for their product. You could place your ad on the product and get free advertising.
6. Sell your product to businesses at wholesale cost as a promotional product. Businesses are always looking for products they can give away to their customers with their advertising on the product. You could make part of your investment back.
7. Barter your product to other businesses for things you need for your own business. You could trade for their products or services. This will save you money and help make up for your profit loss.
8. You could create an online contest, so people could win your product. This will attract traffic to your website. You also could get free advertising by listing it on online contest directories.
9. If you decide to give away the product for free, allow other people to give away the product for free. Place your website ad on the product. This will spread your advertising and attract even more people to your site.
10. Ask businesses with the same target audience if they would be interested in combining your product with their product. You could then sell them together as a package deal and split the profits. You may have better results in selling your product this way.